It is time to celebrate Candace’s favorite time of the year - Christmas! We are kicking off our Christmas Series with Andrea Barber. Whenever Candace and Andrea get together, their conversations are full of laughter and memories from their extensive time together on the set of Full House and Fuller House.
Today’s conversation is no different. Andrea joins Candace remote via video, as Candace asks Andrea about her favorite Christmas dishes, memories, gifts, and traditions. They also discuss Andrea’s upcoming debut in a Christmas Movie produced by Candace called Christmas on Candy Cane Lane, which premieres December 3, 2022 on the Great American Family Network.
In this episode, you will hear Candace and Andrea discuss:
- How they always call each other "Kimmy" and "Deej"
- The storyline behind Christmas On Candy Cane Lane and how Andrea connects to the character she plays in it
- Why last Christmas was a unique yet beautiful Christmas for Andrea and her family
- Candace’s favorite ornament (it’s a glitter roll of toilet paper)
- Andrea's Favorite Christmas dish - sweet potato souffle from a Full House Recipe Book
- Their Christmas wish for the year 2022
Andrea’s Famous Sweet Potato Souffle:
*Serves 10-12, can be doubled
2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ sticks of butter (melted and divided into two)
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup crushed corn flakes
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Half of the butter from above
Mix sweet potatoes, eggs, sugar, half of the butter, milk nutmeg, and cinnamon together.
Pour into a greased casserole dish.
Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes.
Mix corn flakes, brown sugar, pecans, and other half of the butter. Spread over the casserole and bake for 10 more minutes.